Required cooking skill level
2hours preparation time
- 1 kilo Whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp Datu Puti Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- ½ Tbsp Coarse salt
- 3 cups Golden Fiesta Palm Oil
- ½ cup Papa Banana Catsup, for dipping sauce
- 1 Season chicken with Datu Puti Soy Sauce and ground black pepper. Massage the seasoning under the skin of the chicken and inside chicken cavity.
- 2 Heat water in a double boiler for steaming. When boiling, add chicken and steam for 45 minutes until done. Remove chicken.
- 3 Drain and pat the chicken until all water is removed.
- 4 Season chicken again with coarse salt, rubbing under the skin and inside chicken cavity. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 5 Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in deep frying pan. Oil should cover half of chicken.
- 6 Deep-fry the chicken. Fry both sides to make sure the chicken turns golden brown, about 5 minutes per side of the chicken. Drain chicken on paper towels.
- 7 Serve with Papa Banana Catsup and potato balls.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.