Required cooking skill level
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1/2 kilo chicken wings
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 tbsps. Datu Puti Patis
For the Batter:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Cooking Oil
- For the Glaze:
- Cooking oil
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tbsps margarine
- 1/4 cup UFC Banana Catsup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Black pepper
- Spring Onions
- Brine chicken in water and Datu Puti Patis overnight.
- Remove chicken from brine and put in a bowl.
- Add flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, cold water and vinegar. Mix well.
- Heat up oil in small pot and deep fry the battered chicken until golden brown.
- Heat up oil in a separate pan and sauté garlic. Add margarine.
- Add UFC Banana Catsup, soy sauce, brown sugar. Mix well.
- Season with black pepper. Let it simmer and caramelize a bit.
- Add more sugar and simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Put the fried chicken into the sauce pan and toss until the chicken are fully glazed.
- Remove the chicken from pan and transfer to a serving plate.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.