Required cooking skill level
1½hours cooking time + overnight marination preparation time
- 1 kilo Whole chicken, cleaned well and dried
- 1 tablespoon Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons UFC Chicken Broth
- ½ cup White wine
- 3 tablespoons Calamansi juice
- 2 pieces Lemongrass (white part only), pounded
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, peeled and pounded
- ¼ cup Golden Fiesta Canola Oil
- 500 grams Potatoes, quartered
- 1 Make the chicken rub by combining salt, ground black pepper, thyme and UFC Chicken Broth together.
- 2 Combine the white wine and calamansi juice. Set aside.
- 3 Rub the chicken with salt and pepper mix. Rub under the skin and inside chicken cavity. Pour over white wine and calamansi juice. Insert the lemongrass under the skin together with the garlic.
- 4 Make sure that the chicken wings are tucked. Truss the chicken using butcher’s twine, making sure that the twine is four times longer than the chicken. Marinate overnight.
- 5 Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat chicken with Golden Fiesta Canola Oil.
- 6 Bake in preheated oven, along with potatoes, for 1½ hours until tender.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.