- 1/2 Tbsp unflavored yellow gulaman powder, dissolved in ½ cup corn stock plus ½ cup water
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (extract from 1 grated coconut plus ¼-1/2 cup hot water)
- 1 cup thin coconut milk mixed with
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Pinch of UFC Iodized Salt
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp sugar (for gulaman)
- 1 can (425 g) UFC Whole Corn Kernels, drained (reserve ½ cup stock)
- 2 drops yellow food color
- Banana leaves
- Heat thick coconut milk, UFC Salt, sugar, UFC Whole Corn Kernel (reserve ¼ cup for gulaman) and corn stock, with constant stirring until starts to simmer.
- Gradually add cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously for about 15-20 minutes or until of paste consistency. Pour into a 7-inch square pan lined with banana leaf. Flatten surface. Set aside.
- Gelatin: Heat gulaman mixture until just dissolved. Add sugar and remaining corn kernels. Stir. Pour over maja. Chill for 3-4 hours.