- 2 kilos whole tilapia, filleted and cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon UFC Ground black pepper
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
VINEGAR–SOY POUR OVER SAUCE
- ½ tablespoon GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup DATU PUTI Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup DATU PUTI Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4–5 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 1. Season the tilapia with UFC Iodized Salt and UFC Ground Pepper. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. Dredge tilapia fillets in flour. Set aside
- 3. Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil and deep-fry tilapia, about 5 minutes for each strip.
- 4. Make the Vinegar–Soy Pour Over Sauce by heating Golden Fiesta Palm Oil and sautéing the garlic and ginger.
- 5. Add Datu Puti Soy Sauce, Datu Puti Vinegar and sugar.
- 6. Simmer until sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Garnish with spring onion.
- 7. You can serve your fried tilapia two ways—pour over the sauce right away or serve the Vinegar–Soy Pour Over Sauce on the side