Required cooking skill level
15minutes preparation time
12minutes cooking time
- 2 kilos whole tilapia, filleted and cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon UFC Ground black pepper
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
VINEGAR–SOY POUR OVER SAUCE
- ½ tablespoon GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup DATU PUTI Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup DATU PUTI Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4–5 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 1. Season the tilapia with UFC Iodized Salt and UFC Ground Pepper. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. Dredge tilapia fillets in flour. Set aside
- 3. Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil and deep-fry tilapia, about 5 minutes for each strip.
- 4. Make the Vinegar–Soy Pour Over Sauce by heating Golden Fiesta Palm Oil and sautéing the garlic and ginger.
- 5. Add Datu Puti Soy Sauce, Datu Puti Vinegar and sugar.
- 6. Simmer until sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Garnish with spring onion.
- 7. You can serve your fried tilapia two ways—pour over the sauce right away or serve the Vinegar–Soy Pour Over Sauce on the side
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.