Required cooking skill level
30minutes preparation time
- 500 grams pork kasim, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons achuete seeds dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water, strained
- ¼ cup GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- ½ cup DATU PUTI Vinegar, for dipping sauce
- 1. Combine sliced pork with salt, white sugar and strained achuete water. Mix using your hands to incorporate marinade into the meat.
- 2. Marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator to allow flavors to fully coat the tocino.
- 3. Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in a skillet.
- 4. Lay down the tocino strips in the skillet and cook until pork changes color.
- 5. Rub the tocino into the skillet to caramelize it, moving the pan regularly to prevent the tocino from burning, about 5 minutes. Tocino is cooked when the marinade starts to coat each pork strip and it starts to brown.
- 6. Serve with a dipping sauce of Datu Puti Vinegar.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.