- 500 grams pork kasim, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons achuete seeds dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water, strained
- ¼ cup GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- ½ cup DATU PUTI Vinegar, for dipping sauce
- 1. Combine sliced pork with salt, white sugar and strained achuete water. Mix using your hands to incorporate marinade into the meat.
- 2. Marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator to allow flavors to fully coat the tocino.
- 3. Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in a skillet.
- 4. Lay down the tocino strips in the skillet and cook until pork changes color.
- 5. Rub the tocino into the skillet to caramelize it, moving the pan regularly to prevent the tocino from burning, about 5 minutes. Tocino is cooked when the marinade starts to coat each pork strip and it starts to brown.
- 6. Serve with a dipping sauce of Datu Puti Vinegar.