- 500 grams Lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1-piece Egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, diced
- ½ teaspoon UFC Iodized Salt
- ½ teaspoon UFC Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Golden Fiesta Canola Oil
SPAGHETTI SAUCE BASE
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Golden Fiesta Canola Oil
- ½ piece Small white onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 kilos UFC Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 teaspoon UFC Iodized Salt
- 1 teaspoon UFC Ground Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons Basil
- 1 kilo Spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup Quickmelt cheese, grated
- 1. To make meatballs, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, basil, oregano, cheese, UFC Iodized Salt, UFC Ground Pepper and flour in a mixing bowl. Make sure to mix very well.
- 2. Shape into balls by scooping 1 tablespoon of meat and form this portion into a ball by hand.
- 3. Heat Golden Fiesta Canola Oil in a large pan. Brown the meatballs in the oil and set aside.
- 4. Prepare spaghetti sauce base by sautéing garlic and onions in remaining Golden Fiesta Canola Oil and butter.
- 5. Add UFC Spaghetti Sauce, UFC Iodized Salt, UFC Ground Pepper and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6. Drop meatballs into the sauce to finish cooking, for another 10 minutes.
- 7. Toss spaghetti noodles with the meatball sauce and add a sprinkling of grated cheese.