- 1/2 kg Bangus belly, sliced
- 1 cup Golden Fiesta Soya Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- 1/4 tsp UFC Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Datu Puti Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Datu Puti Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Juice from sweet pickles
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 2 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp UFC Whole Pepper
- 2 Siling labuyo, halved
- 1/4 cup Carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sweet pickles, sliced
- 1. Season bangus belly with UFC Iodized Salt.
- 2. Make the infused oil: In a thick pot, combine Golden Fiesta Soya Oil, UFC Iodized Salt, UFC Whole Pepper, Datu Puti Vinegar, Datu Puti Soy Sauce, juice from sweet pickles, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaves, UFC Ground Pepper, and siling labuyo. Simmer oil in the lowest heat possible for about 10 minutes. Stir the oil continuously until seasonings are dissolved. Turn off heat and let oil cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a nonstick frying pan, arrange the bangus slices, carrots, and pickles. Pour the infused oil. The oil should completely cover the fish. Turn on the flame at the lowest setting. Simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes until bangus meat turns white indicating that the fish is cooked.
- 4. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely before serving.