- ½ kg chicken breast fillet , cut into cubes
- ½ tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- ¼ tsp UFC Ground Pepper
- 4 pieces dried chilies (or 1-2 pc siling labuyo ), sliced
- 3 pieces star anise
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger , grated
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced leeks
- 1. Combine batter ingredients and mix well. Season chicken with UFC Salt and UFC Pepper. Add to the batter mixture to coat. Fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
- 2. Saute chilies, anise, garlic and ginger . Add sauce ingredients . Simmer and stir until thick.
- 3. Add chicken and toss to coat with sauce. If desired, garnish with sesame seeds and leeks.