- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Silver Swan soy sauce
- ¼ mL water
- ¼ cup sugar, brown
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp instant sinigang mix or tamarind mix
- 6 pcs egg, large
- Cooking oil for deep frying or frying
- In a pan, add all the sauce ingredients. Let it boil for 2 minutes while continuously stirring. Remove from heat.
- Pour over sunny side up eggs.
Note: For a leveled-up egg dish, sauce can be paired with deep fried egg.
Deep Fried Egg
- Preheat oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Crack one egg in a small bowl. Using a ladle, scoop some hot oil and place the egg. Slowly lower down the ladle to submerge in oil and cook the egg.
- Once the top is golden brown, scrape the inside of the ladle with silicone spatula to release the egg from the ladle.
- Continue cooking the other side of the egg until golden brown. Remove from oil and let the excess oil drip. Repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
- Plate eggs and pour over the sauce.