- (makes 3 cups or 513g of cooked rice)
- 250 g jasmine rice
- 520 g water (for cooking)
- 4 Tbsp (32g) canola oil
- 2 cloves (8g) garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (40g) sweet ham, small squares
- 10 pcs (61g) small shrimp, shelled, deveined
- ½ cup (75g) mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, and corns)
- 3 pcs large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ Tbsp Lauriat Light Chinese Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Silver Swan Wow Sarap seasoning
- ½ tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp iodized salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp (16g) sesame oil
- 2 pcs (12g) spring onion, minced
- Wash rice twice. Soak rice in water for 30 minutes.
Note: For fluffy rice, drain rice in a strainer for another 30 minutes after soaking.
- Cook rice with water for cooking on high heat. Let it boil for a minute, then lower down the heat to the lowest setting. Check doneness after 6 minutes or until minimal steam is coming out from the pot.
Note: Rice cooker can also be used for cooking.
3. Transfer cooked rice on a tray to cool down before using it. Best to cook the rice a day before you use it.
- Sauté minced garlic with half of the oil on a pan over medium heat until aromatic.
- Add ham, shrimp, and mixed vegetables. Sauté and mix well until the shrimps are cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil. Sauté the rice. Mix well until the rice is separated.
- Add eggs and water to the rice and continue stirring until egg mixture is evenly distributed and cooked. Add back the ham, shrimp, and vegetable mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Season rice with Chinese soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Serve and garnish with spring onions.