Required cooking skill levelIntermediate
120minutes + Overnight Freezing preparation time
- 1 kilo Pork belly slab
- 10 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Datu Puti Patis
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 1 Small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 c Loves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 liter Golden Fiesta Palm Oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup Mang Tomas All-Around Sarsa
- 1 Place pork in a large pot. Add enough water to cover pork. Add Datu Puti Patis, peppercorns, onions, garlic and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- 2 Strain meat and dry on rack. Wrap in foil. Place in freezer overnight.
- 3 In a large pot, heat enough Golden Fiesta Palm Oil to cover pork. Once oil is hot, lower 1 frozen slab into oil. Deep fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove from heat and drain on a rack over paper towels.
- 4 Chop lechon kawali into bite-sized pieces. Serve with Mang Tomas All-Around Sarsa.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.