Required cooking skill levelIntermediate
Above 10persons serving
25minutes + Chilling time preparation time
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine salt
- 3 oz Unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Refined white sugar
- 1/4 cup Golden Fiesta Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Grated tablea
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well, then set aside.
- 2 Heat chocolate in the microwave (on high) for 3 sets of 20 seconds. Stir the melted chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine sugar, Golden Fiesta Canola Oil, and vanilla. Beat using an electric mixer on low speed for 40 seconds. Add the eggs one by one, and mix well. Add the melted chocolate and tablea and continue to mix for 1 minute until well incorporated.
- 4 Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gradually add and fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, and mix until well incorporated. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 5 Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop out 1-inch round balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place the balls on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
Our fried suman is another lovingly made treat that you should try!
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.