- 1 kg chicken leg quarter fillets
- 3 Tbsp DATU PUTI Patis
- 2 Tbsp DATU PUTI Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup DATU PUTI Sukang Sinamak
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp UFC Whole Pepper, cracked
- 1 stalk tanglad , pounded
- ¼ kg chicken trimmings (skin/ fat)
- 1 stalk tanglad , sliced
- ¼ cup GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pc laurel leaves
- ½ tsp UFC Whole Pepper
- 1/2 cup atsuete seeds
- 1. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2. Mix together all ingredients for chicken oil in pan except atsuete. Cook over low heat until oil is released. Add atsuete seeds. Saute until color is extracted. Strain then set aside oil.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken oil to marinated chicken. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Simmer marinade for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 4. Charcoal/pan grill chicken (add little oil if using pan) while basting with marinade until cooked on both sides.