- 4 pieces saba
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 2 Tbsp ube jam
- 2 pieces langka, fresh or preserved with syrup
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 cup GOLDEN FIESTA Palm Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, for frying
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1. Slice bananas in half lengthwise, the coat each slice with brown sugar. (Reserve 4 banana slices for ube and the other 4 for langka filling).
- 2. To make turon with ube filling: Spread 1 tbsp of ube jam, horizontally, at the center of each wrapper. Place one slice of sugar-coated banana, horizontally, on top of the ube jam. Do this for the first 4 bananas.
- 3. To make turon with langka filling: Slice langka in half, lengthwise, then place both halves on top of the banana. Do this for the last 4 bananas.
- 4. Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over banana. Secure by brushing the edges with water, then fold the left and right side of the wrapper toward the center. Seal with water. Continues to roll upwards to close, then seal with water again.
- 5. Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in a pan over medium heat, and add brown sugar. Once the brown sugar starts to float, gently add in the turon rolls and fry both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Roll each turon in the pan to coat it with the caramelized sugar. If you want to, you can add 2 more tablespoons of brown sugar; make sure not to burn the sugar.
Looking for merienda options? Check out our six-ingredient fried suman recipe with a chocolatey twist! But mommies, allow us to warn you, this merienda/dessert is addicting!