Required cooking skill levelIntermediate
25minutes preparation time
- 1 cup Fresh alamang
- 1 cup Sliced kalabasa strips
- 1/4 cup Togue
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- 1/4 tsp UFC Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp Annatto oil
- 2 cups Golden Fiesta Palm Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Golden Fiesta Palm Oil
- 1 Tbsp Annatto seeds
- 1 In a bowl, combine alamang, kalabasa strips, togue, cornstarch, and water then season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Make annatto oil: In a pan, heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil, add annatto seeds, then turn the heat off. Allow seeds to steep for 5 minutes. Discard seeds. Add annatto oil to the ukoy mixture and mix well.
- 3 Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in a pan. Add 1/4 cup of the ukoy mixture, forming a circle at least 1/4-inch thick, and fry until golden brown.
- 4 In a bowl, combine Datu Puti Vinegar, garlic and pepper. Serve it on the side.
Loved our shrimp fritter recipe? Our Rellenong Alimasag recipe is another seafood recipe that you will love.
MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CHECK OUT OTHER BRANDS
Datu Puti Vinegar soon became synonymous to quality and superior, delicious sourness.
Has a balanced salty-sweet taste that enhances the flavors of your favorite Filipino dishes.
Mang Tomas All –Around Sarsa
Mang Tomas has evolved over the years, as a condiment enjoyed by many Filipinos.
UFC became an instant hit to the Filipino consumers and has since become a staple in every Filipino home.
Its superior flavor makes it perfect as a cook-in-sauce because it adds a rich taste to your classic Filipino tomato-based favorites.
Golden Fiesta launched Canola, Corn and Soya to further expand its presence in the cooking oil category.
With tamarind, kamias, dalandan and mangosteen as its starting line up of flavors.