- 1 cup Fresh alamang
- 1 cup Sliced kalabasa strips
- 1/4 cup Togue
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- 1/4 tsp UFC Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp Annatto oil
- 2 cups Golden Fiesta Palm Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Golden Fiesta Palm Oil
- 1 Tbsp Annatto seeds
- 1 In a bowl, combine alamang, kalabasa strips, togue, cornstarch, and water then season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Make annatto oil: In a pan, heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil, add annatto seeds, then turn the heat off. Allow seeds to steep for 5 minutes. Discard seeds. Add annatto oil to the ukoy mixture and mix well.
- 3 Heat Golden Fiesta Palm Oil in a pan. Add 1/4 cup of the ukoy mixture, forming a circle at least 1/4-inch thick, and fry until golden brown.
- 4 In a bowl, combine Datu Puti Vinegar, garlic and pepper. Serve it on the side.
Loved our shrimp fritter recipe? Our Rellenong Alimasag recipe is another seafood recipe that you will love.